For those looking for a professional solution in a networked environment, advanced users can connect the BMD ATEM switchers and video matrices by editing a loadable .xml file in the following steps:
1. Click Login at Edit on the Spot
2. Create your account.
3. Verify your account by clicking the link sent to your email.
4. After verifying your account, log in by following steps 1 and 2 once again.
5. Once you've successfully logged in, head over to the 'Stream Keys' page.
6. On this page, you'll find your unique Streaming Server, Stream Key, and Playback URL. Be sure to copy and paste these details as you'll need them later.
7. Open the ‘Streaming.xml’ file from the appropriate folder. On MacOS, you will find it at this location - /Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/Switchers. To get there, select Finder > Go > Go to Folder and enter the destination.
On Windows, you’ll find the file at this location - C:\Program Files (x86)\Blackmagic Design\Blackmagic ATEM Switchers\ATEM Software Control. Open the file up in a text or code editor.
8. On the ATEM Mini Pro app, add a new live custom RTMP event. Then copy and paste the Streaming URL and Stream Key from Edit on the Spot.
9. Either open up or restart the ATEM Software Control.
10. In the 'Live Streaming' panel, Click ‘Output’ and then, again, copy and paste the Streaming URL and Stream Key from Edit on the Spot to the "Stream Key" field.